Kid Friendly Pepper Pizza
Bell Pepper Pizzas
A twist on classic English muffin pizza – with added veggie!
Ingredients (makes 6)
3 Bell peppers
8oz. bag Mozzarella cheese
1/2 head of broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Slice each pepper in half & core the inside – remove all seeds and white “skin”, this can be done with hands or with small paring knife
3. Place all pepper halves skin side down on baking sheet
4. Place head of broccoli on its side, on cutting board. Without cutting off any of the flowery head, cut off as much of the stalk as possible. (see photo)
5. Begin slicing or manually breaking apart the trunk into smaller pieces. Slice to break each trunk into a bite sized piece. Set aside
6. Dice tomato, set aside.
7. Assemble your pizza!
8. Spoon tomato sauce into each half of pepper, followed by a sprinkle of cheese.
9. Top cheese with a sprinkle of chopped up broccoli and tomato.
10. Once pizzas are assembled, place in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
11. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!